Humor vs. Reality – First Date Tips
Unfortunately we live in a society that technology has nearly displaced consistent human interaction. There’s a real good book on the subject called “Alone Together
” that you might want to check out.
Have you ever gone to a gathering and half the people there are using their Smartphones instead of interacting with each other. They are “there” but they are “not there”. That was the inspiration behind the above cartoon. When it comes to a first date, here are a few tips to make it more successful:
1) Turn off your cell phone. It’s just rude for a date to be interrupted by a ringing cell phone. Give the person the respect they deserve by turning off your cell phone while on the date.
2) Arrive on time. Arriving late immediately gets your date off to a bad start. Make sure you are early as it shows that you care enough about the date to make sure you are on time.
3) Be presentable. Shower before your date, make sure your clothes aren’t wrinkled, and make sure you have deodorant on!
4) Engage the other person. The best type of talking you can do on a date is where your sentence ends with a question-mark. It’s important for the other person to feel that you are interested in them and that comes from asking questions on the date. When you just talk about yourself, you come across as self-absorbed. Come up with several questions and conversation topics prior to the date. Use the other person’s profile and email exchanges to help you with topics.
5) Make sure your date is not a movie. Going to the movies makes a terrible first date because it doesn’t allow you to interact with your date (at least not without ticking off a bunch of people in the theater).
6) Be confident. From the moment you meet your date, it’s important to project “confidence” even if you are not normally a “confident” person. People are naturally attracted to confidence.
7) Learn to listen. When your date is talking, listen carefully in order to come up with “cues” for more conversation topics. Slightly lean forward when your date talks and don’t cross your arms. A person crossing their arms is showing signs of “boredom”.
> Online Dating Cartoons
> See Next Cartoon – Profiles Not Deleted
Like It? Please Share It. Thanks!