[button link=”http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com” type=”icon” icon=”rss” newwindow=”yes”] News Source: Online Dating Magazine – May 30, 2013[/button]
[dropcap style=”font-size: 60px; color: #e96a2a;”] W [/dropcap]hen it comes to the perfect first date, women have a strong say in how it should happen. Online dating service Flirt.com recently surveyed 2,000 singles to get their input on the perfect first date.
According to the Perfect First Date Study
87% of women say a man should call to confirm the date. On the day of the date, a man should call between 12 and 4pm to confirm the date.
95% of women want a man to compliment them on how they look. But the compliment should be sincere.
Nearly half of the women surveyed believed a guy should pay more than $30 for the dinner.
74% of women don’t want a man to buy her “too many drinks”. Just enough at the beginning of the date to get the conversation on track.
Perhaps most encouraging to men is that 79% of women say it is appropriate for a goodnight kiss if the date went well.
When it comes to a perfect first date, Online Dating Magazine also offers the following tips:
Online Dating Magazine First Date Tips
1) Turn off your cell phone.
2) Read through your date’s profile and any communications you had to form some insightful questions and conversation starters on the date.
3) Make sure you know how to get to the date location and that you are at least five minutes early.
4) Avoid movies for a first date. You want a date at a location where you can interact with each other.
5) Be confident. Confidence is very attractive to both men and women.
6) Listen more than you talk. Listen careful enough to ask questions based on what your date is talking about.
7) Be honest and be yourself. However, avoid political discussions or negative conversation starters (i.e. “did you hear about that plane crash?”).
8) Crossing your arms shows you are bored. Leaning slightly toward the person and looking at them when they talk shows that you are interested.